Dear Sandie Family,
It is with great pride and excitement that I write this letter of introduction to you as the Principal of Grapeland Elementary. I am honored to be in this position, and am looking forward to assisting YOU in making this a great school year.
I am a proud graduate of Grapeland ISD and I am eager to serve and inspire our students. This is my 9th year as an educator. I taught third grade for Palestine ISD, 6 years of kindergarten for Neches ISD, and a year of pre-kindergarten for Grapeland.
Remember, it does take a village to raise a child; and I add it takes a very special school like Grapeland Elementary to educate them. I have included several ways that family members can work together with Grapeland Elementary staff to promote a successful educational experience for our students:
· Send your child to school every day on time.
· Make sure your child gets eight hours sleep each night.
· Establish a routine for studying. Give your child a quiet corner to read and regular time to do homework.
· Keep in touch with your child’s teacher via e-mail, telephone, notes, or letters.
· Attend school-wide events, classroom events, and conferences.
· Celebrate your child’s success (giving verbal praise), no matter how small it may seem. This will keep your child enthusiastic about learning and proud of their work.
Please know that we welcome your participation, support, and efforts as they are greatly valued and appreciated. We are in this together! Wishing you a wonderful upcoming year of success!
Grapeland Elementary School
796 N. Olive St.
Grapeland, Texas 75844