Applications can be found under the Application Information Tab to your left. Please call the number below for any additional information about Grapeland Independent School District:Telephone: (936) 687 4619Fax: (936) 687 4624Email: email@example.com@grapelandisd.netMail: Grapeland ISD P.O. Box 249 Grapeland, Texas 75844
Level: Secondary 6-12
Title: Secondary Principal
Date Posted: 10/11/2019
Deadline for applications: Until Filled
Commitment: Full Time. Job will begin January 2020
- Master’s degree in educational administration
- Texas principal or other appropriate Texas certificate
- Advanced Education Leadership (AEL) certification, Instructional Leadership Training (ILT), or Instructional Leadership Development (ILD)
- Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching effectiveness
- Ability to manage budget and personnel
- Ability to implement policy and procedures
- Ability to interpret data
- Excellent organizational, communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
- Monitor instructional processes to ensure that program activities are related to outcomes and use findings to take corrective actions where necessary.
- Provide instructional resources and materials needed to accomplish instructional goals.
- Establish clear expectations for staff performance with regard to instructional strategies, classroom management, and communication with the public.
- Foster collegiality and team building among staff members. Encourage their active involvement in decision-making process.
- Solicit regular input from campus-level committee about planning, operation, supervision, and evaluation of campus education program. Include students and community representatives when appropriate.
- Build a common vision for school improvement with staff. Direct planning activities and implement programs to ensure attainment of school’s mission.
- Establish campus performance objectives for Academic Excellence Indicators using the campus planning process and involving site-based decision making committee. Demonstrate campus progress using results to promote school improvement.
- Provide opportunities for interactive communication with superintendent, staff, students, parents, and community.
- Act as campus behavioral coordinator in accordance with state laws and regulations.
- Work with faculty and students to develop a student discipline management system that results in positive student behavior and enhances the school climate.
- Ensure that school rules are uniformly applied and that student discipline is appropriate and equitable in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Conduct conferences about student and school issues with parents, students, and teachers.
Salary Range: $55,000-$85,000-Based on qualifications and experience
Administrative Experience: 3 years preferred
Benefits: AETNA TRS-Active Care Health Insurance. $150/month paid by the district and $75/month paid by the State of Texas
How to Apply: Applications may be found online at www.grapelandisd.net. Please print, fill out and submit application, resume, TEA certificate and college transcripts to Grapeland I.S.D.
Attn: Don Jackson- GISD Superintendent
P.O. Box 249