Applications for the position of superintendent will be accepted in accordance with the information contained in this vacancy announcement.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this position.
Applicants should submit a letter of intent, up-to-date resume, list of all relevant certifications, copy of appropriate transcripts verifying highest degree held and a list of references. References should include addresses, job description, and a daytime phone number.
All applicants will remain confidential until the naming of a Lone Finalist. Only the Lone Finalist will be made public.
Application deadline by 3:30 March 10th
First round of interviews To Be Determined
Interview finalists To Be Determined
Board selects superintendent To Be Determined
Preferred starting date To Be Determined
Conditions of Employment
Fringe Benefits District Policy
Contract Length Negotiable
Professional Dues Reasonable Dues
Moving Expenses Negotiable
Criminal History Check/Fingerprinting Required
Background Check Required
· Demonstrates the ability to be an open, effective communicator with staff, community, and the board
· Supportive of staff and listens to community concerns, is approachable and highly visible in the community and district
· Ability to make decisions for the best interest of the students, staff and community
· Strong leader with integrity, trustworthiness, honor, high moral standards and values
· Excellent planner who manages district finances efficiently and provides a clean, safe environment for learning and working
· Improving the quality of education available to students while responding to the challenges of a diversified instructional program and seeks partnerships with area businesses, colleges and universities
· Is a collaborative yet decisive decision maker who seeks to build consensus in a climate of openness and trust
· Has experience managing fluctuating student enrollment and building construction
· Must hold a Texas Superintendent Certificate
· Superintendent experience and/or successful experience as a principal or central office administrator and public school teaching experience is required
· Working knowledge of accounting, tax collections and bond issues/facility construction
· Working knowledge of TEA regulation, UIL rules, and Human Resources
Grapeland ISD does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, or disability in providing education services, activities, and programs, including vocational programs, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title XI of the Education Amendments of 1972; and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.